Monday, July 29, 2013

Arrived in USA around 4:30PM Sunday

Arrived at JFK on schedule.  On the plane we had to fill out a form declaring any items we bought in Finland.  We had to wait in line to go through border control where US workers reviewed our form and asked questions about where we were and what we purchased.  The officer stamped the form and sent us on to baggage claim.

Mr. Palella offered to play his kantalele for the officer :).



We picked up our luggage and waited in a customs line where the officer asked more questions about what we were carrying.  He did ask me what I had in a shopping bag, and I had to confess that is was just full of chocolate!  At the airport in Finland, I still had a little currency in euros, so I needed to spend it before coming back to the US.  I bought CHOCOLATE, very yummy!


I guess he thought it way okay, because he let me come back into the country.  I would not enjoy living in the airport.

Our flight from JFK to Rochester was delayed, but for only an hour.  We were in a line of 25 planes waiting for take-off.  Patience is a virtue -- and chocolate makes everything better.

Finally arrived in Rochester around 11:10PM.  Feeling bittersweet, happy to be home, but sad to leave behind such an incredible experience and new friends.

I'll see you soon -- enjoy the rest of your summer.





No comments:

Post a Comment