Friday, July 19, 2013

Ms. Reddinger's Finland Blog

Hei (Hello) to Village Elementary Students

I am going to attempt to keep a daily journal of my trip to the International World Music Village in Finland.

Tomorrow, July 20th I leave for Helsinki, Finland.  To get there, first, I have to fly from Rochester to New York City.  Once I arrive at the John F. Kennedy (JFK) airport, I have approximately 5 hours to:
1)  Get my luggage
2)  Get on the airport tram and find the Finnair terminal
3)  Check my luggage and wait for the flight to depart
(That should be plenty of time, IF if get to the New York City airport on schedule)

Mr. Palella is also going on this trip and I will see him at the airport.

Below is a map showing the flight from JFK to Helsinki.  Our flight is a direct flight from JFK and should take about 8 hours.  


The timezone in Finland is 7 hours ahead of New York.  So, if the flight is on schedule, we should arrive around 8:30AM on Sunday morning.  The plan is to sleep on the plane, take a cab to the hotel and drop off luggage, then take a tour of the city.  Remember, I will be feeling like it's 1:30AM and ready to sleep, BUT I must stay awake and try to adjust to the new timezone :).




On Monday, July 21st we have Euro train tickets to travel from Helsinki to Valkeala.  We have been instructed to take a bus from Valkeala to Kouvola.  We will be staying at a boarding school in a National Park for the week.


This is all I know so far . . . . so hopefully I will have access to internet in the National Forest and be able to post updates to let you know what is happening.  The photos remind me of the Adirondacks:


Bye for now . . . . . . .

1 comment: